Staging a Cancer Case
The Staging a Cancer Case module introduces the concept cancer staging and the use of various staging systems. You will learn about the major and site-specific staging systems, the extent of disease that the different stages represent, and how the various staging systems differ from each other.
In this module you will learn how to:
- Define the concept of staging.
- Name the staging sources and briefly describe the procedures of these sources.
- Name the major staging systems discussed in the module and describe their differences.
- Name the common site-specific staging schemes and relate their purposes, criteria, and categories.
- Explain why staging schemes change.
- Explain the time frame considerations in staging.